Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Passion versus Paying the Bills

I'm off to my day job tomorrow morning after a heavenly sabbatical.  I'm also reading "Crush It," yet another fervent sermon about living your dream.  ("Crush It" explains how to earn a living via social network marketing.)

The author, Gary Vaynerchuck, was nearly crowded off the shelf by the mob of social networking business gurus.  If there's money in it, there's a book deal in it.  Regarding the quest for income, Vaynerchuck has a bit to say about one's DNA, by which he means personality. 

He would clearly not approve of my DNA, even if he had a lab analysis.  I love to draw.  I have always loved to draw.  I especially adore drawing pictures for little girls to color.  If you knew me personally, you would laugh to think I might "crush" anything.  I don't even  kill bugs if I can figure out how to scoot them back outside.

It will be fun to see if Kat Green can find a way to draw pictures for LOTS of little girls via my beautiful web site, designed with great love and talent by my amazing daughter in law.  If you are reading this, you are observing my journey, and I want to hear your thoughts about art, kids, passion, creativity or anything else that's on your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment