Saturday, April 21, 2012

Princesses Ride Again!!

Some days are just packed with joy.  They make me wish I were a singer or dancer, so I could broadcast happiness like people throwing candy from a float in a parade.  The sun is shining in lovely Bellevue today, and I have spent the morning shipping Kat Green Store coloring books.  It has been just a little under two years since my rock star daughter in law created my website, my printer finished my first three products, and I took a deep breath and told myself, "OK.  Now it's up to me, to figure out how to market these.  Let's see what happens."

Are all merchants madly in love with every customer who places an order?  Honestly, I want to call down the most opulent blessings of heaven on every soul who places an order on my website or finds me via another channel.  I wonder if I will ever get over that.  I hope not.

Today I met with a beautiful, effusive young woman who works as a fundraiser for Seattle Children's Hospital.  She noticed my table at last week's Seattle Cup Cake Camp and contacted me to ask me to donate a Princess Paper doll and  Paint and Press gowns; a coloring book; and a pack of Buddy Posters to an upcoming auction.  Of course I was absolutely thrilled to participate.  It was a perfect day to meet her and wander around downtown Bellevue in the bright sunshine.  She says their next fundraiser will have a princess theme.  You can bet your bottom pair of glass slippers that Kat Green Store will be all over that.

My older brother's dear, lifelong friend George Goetzman, an iconic Coeur d'Alene, Idaho photographer, has agreed to shoot a couple of images for me in a high enough resolution that I can have them professionally produced. I am really, really excited about that.

I sent my other daughter in law some samples of the Princess Party cupcake toppers I made for last weekend's event, and asked her to figure out how to do the skirts.  She's a professional baker who has been featured in Cup Cakes Take the Cake, a New York blog about cupcakes.  I can't wait to see what she will come up with!

Meanwhile, I plan to spend the rest of this magical afternoon working on a colored pencil rendering of the topper, as shown in the last blog.  I think all she needs is a cute, edible gown. 

Some days, you just feel like life is shining down on you specifically and individually.  I sincerely hope you are having a day like that too, because you are a person who visited my blog and read the WHOLE DANGED THING!!!  You should be rewarded for that, don't you think???

No comments:

Post a Comment