Sunday, January 22, 2012

Another Tiny Princess Step

A creative facebook friend suggested one of the princess poses for the Princess Power Pack should be princess palls experimenting with scarves and turbans.  I decided that should definitely be in the pack.  Here are the colored version, which will be one of the covers, and the line drawing for a child to color.

Seattle Children's Hospital has also agreed to use the packs, so now I'm prepared to spend quite a bit more money on these.  I clearly do not have a businesswoman's DNA.  I am thrilled that I don't have to worry about selling these for enough to cover the cost of production.  They are a donation, which completely resolves all of those annoying profitability issues.

The weather has warmed up, so now I can get to the printer and get these things in the mail.  This is one of those little turns in the road that take you into unknown territory.  I am old enough now that I have learned my dreams are just that, and once past that hurdle it became easier for me to make an effort without weighing the reality that it will probably fail.  The future is now spread enticingly before my strong, smart grandchildren.  My own is well spent and no longer at issue; so I can draw for joy and sincerely admire the superior work of artists who draw for money.  If a little girl somewhere spends a contented hour coloring princesses who, like her, have lost their beautiful hair, that is my success.


Princesses palls all don scarves for solidarity

Here's one to color.
Ha!  Do you see what I left out?

No comments:

Post a Comment