Saturday, March 24, 2012

Getting Ready for Cup Cake Camp

I spent a week making do-it-yourself report covers for my buddy posters, which I will offer for sale at my booth at the Seattle Cup Cake Camp next month.  Eventually I remembered that my fairy buddy posters are Christmas scenes.  So I am doing new ones for spring.  One scene is our familiar Kat Green fairies stopping to smell the roses; the second shows the fairies lounging in the branches of a cherry tree.

I'm getting really excited about my Kat Green Store Princess Party at the Seattle Cup Cake Camp.  I hope my princesses and fairies will add some magic to the day for all the little girls who attend.  I think I will bring Princess Power Packs too, just in case.


Here we are in a rose bush


And lounging in a blossoming cherry tree

I'm just a big kid who loves to color.  As soon as these are back from the printer, I'll color a set to display.  

If you have checked at Kat Green Store, you know that these will be cut into two 8.5" X 11" halves, to be colored separately by two buddies, then taped back together into a collaborative poster. If I had had a set of these when I was a kid, I would have plopped all my friends down to color with me, like it or not. If there are kids like that around now, I hope their friends are in the mood to color half of a poster!
 
Happy spring!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Spring to you! I absolutely love the waiting to smell the roses one. I can't wait for a blog post, reporting how the Cupcake Camp went :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Corine! I love to draw these. It will be fun if we have some interest at the event. Either way, I'll post a bunch of pictures!

      Delete
  2. Love the new fairies! Cup Cake Camp coming right up! Has the time flown by or dragged on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time has a way of both dragging and flying! It's interesting to remember back to the first brainstorming about the possibility of buying a space at the event, the gradual creation of the foam core princess who turned out killer-awesome in my humble opinion, and now the final preparations 8 months later. Bonus: My adorable little brother said he will come and help me set up and break down. I'm feeling hugely blessed.

      Delete
  3. We look forward to having you there!!! It's going to be so fun!

    ReplyDelete